Mark your calendars....our 13th Annual Recital - Forevermore! 2017
East Leyden High School: 3400 Rose St., Franklin Park.
Friday, June 16 at 7pm
Saturday, June 17 at 3 pm & 7pm
As always, if you have any questions feel free to give us a call at 773-237-5200 or visit us at the front desk.
A Note from the Artistic Directors: Read More▿
Every year, Forevermore Dance & Theatre Arts, Inc. provides students with an exciting performance experience - our annual dance concert. These performances are an opportunity for your children to share the art of dance and the skills they've learned after a year's hard work, dedication, and progress.
Students learn through performance, which helps build self-esteem, self-assurance, and confidence. Performance opportunities contribute to a child's success in all activities, whether or not they pursue a career in the arts. The experience of being onstage promotes better in-school presentations, improved social skills, and strong interview skills for college and careers. It is proven that a strong arts education contributes to future success.
Please keep in mind that participation in the annual dance concert and ALL rehearsals is the responsibility of both student AND their parents. Dedication and commitment are shown by attendance, punctuality, practice outside of the classroom, and being prepared with the proper attire and shoes. Having a positive attitude and being kind and supportive are key to having a wonderful, memorable experience, and we look forward to sharing it with you and our students.
As always, if you have any questions you may reach us at 773-237-5200, firstname.lastname@example.org, or stop by and speak to our staff during studio hours.
Ms. Kerrie and Mr. David
Please Read Through the Recital Handbook for information about Recital Hair and Makeup Instructions, Theatre Directions and Map, Theater Rules, Arrival and Dismissal Instructions, Picture Week, Volunteering & Chaperones, Tickets Sales, Program Ads & Special Messages, and more...
Costume Info ▿
Theater Info and Instructions ▿
Parking is located across the street from East Leyden High School on Rose Street.
Audience members should enter through the Theater Entrance (Door # 21) located on the south side of the school on KING ST. They can wait in the lobby until the Auditorium opens approx. 1/2hr. before show time.
Dancers and Volunteers should enter through the STAGE DOOR (Door # 20) for all rehearsals and performances. It is located on the west side of the theater near the athletic field.
- Please do not arrive more than 1 hour before your show time.
- Arrive in first costume, hair and make-up complete - there is no room at the theater to change and make-up your child.
- Forevermore Staff, Volunteers, and Performers ONLY are allowed backstage and in the dressing rooms.
Auditorium Rules ▿
We politely ask that you respect the theater and fellow patrons by following these simple guidelines.
- No Eating or Drinking in the Theater.
- No Photography or Digital Recording allowed.
- No Texting - all phones must be turned off.
USE OF CAMERAS, CELL PHONES, & VIDEO IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED.
Do not use cell phones and other electronic devices in the auditorium - no calling, texting, photography, or video allowed. Not only is it very distracting to the performers, it is also inconsiderate to the audience members around you. Each student's family will receive a professional DVD.
- Please keep your conversation to a minimum out of respect for our performers and audience members.
- Please save yelling and cheering for sporting events.
-Instead, show your enthusiasm and support through applause at the end of each number.
- Try to keep younger children quiet, and if necessary, discretely leave the theatre. If anyone must exit the auditorium during the show for any reason please do so between numbers and keep the aisles clear.
The evening performances will last about 2 hours, including a 10 minute intermission.
Our Saturday matinee will last about 1 hour with no intermission.
Thank you in advance for complying with these rules.
Your enjoyment and the student’s safety & happiness are our primary concerns.
Tights & Shoes ▿
A pair of the appropriate Recital Tights will be included with each costume. Additional pairs are available for purchase at Forevermore. These tights CANNOT be purchased anywhere other than Forevermore so that we can guarantee they match the other dancers. They are the same tights required for Class Dresscode.
All students are required to wear the appropriate Dance Shoes (the same as Class Dress Code).
Leotards & Undergarments ▿
Nude Camisole Leotards
All students that require a costume change during the show must have a nude colored leotard to wear under their costumes: this is MANDATORY as the school has video surveillance in all public areas - including the cafeteria and hallways - where dancers will change costumes.
These leotards are also highly recommended for any dancer (particularly our younger students) who's costume may feel a little itchy. Nude Camisoles are available through Forevermore.
A dancer's tights serve as their underwear. Please do not wear underwear under your tights as they will be seen and are inappropriate and unneccesary for dance. Young ladies in need of bras should wear a nude colored bra made specifically for dance and should get it approved by Ms. Kerrie to ensure that it will give the support needed while being covered by the costume. In most cases the nude colored camisole leotard is sufficient.
Hair & Make-Up Instructions ▿
All female students must wear their hair in a bun. Please use enough hair gel and hairspray so the dancer does not have any fly-aways. Hair should be completely slicked back into the bun. Dancers with very short hair must pull their hair away from their face and into a small bun (please do your best).
NO bangs! All bangs must be slicked back off of the forehead pinned down and sprayed well with hairspray to keep them back. Hair must be done the same way for dress rehearsal and the performance.
All headpieces should either be worn around the bun (if possible) or to the right side of the bun (when looking from behind).
A Performer's Face Must Be Highlighted to Look Natural
Make-up is an important part of costuming for any childrens dance recital. Because of the bright lights on stage, performers without make-up don't clearly have faces; they just look like blank eggs. Make-up allows the emotional quality of your child's performance to shine through.
Make-up for the stage is different than make-up for regular use. The goal is to create a natural and age appropriate look when viewed from the audience, which is not the same as what you will see up close.
DVD Orders ▿
Each Family will get 1 FREE DVD.
Since there are 3 Performances please turn in the DVD form to let us know which DVD you'd like by June 11. You may also order additional DVDs.
This year we have a new Videographer!
Artistic Video Recital DVDs:
- We shoot all recitals with 3 HD cameras.
- A split screen is used for close up shots of the littlest dancers.
- Great low angle shots from the corner of the stage with the third camera. Also, captures great tap audio.
- With the older dancers we understand that it is all about the choreography and shoot and edit accordingly.
- The DVD has a menu so parents can locate their child's dance quickly.
- The editing happens off-site so more time and care is taken with each routine.
Spacing and Dress Rehearsals ▿
Attendance at ALL Rehearsals is MANDATORY.
Rehearsals are CLOSED to the Public.
The only people allowed into the auditorium or backstage will be Forevermore Staff, Dancers, and Scheduled Volunteers.
- Parents and guests will not be permitted past the check in area at any time.
- If you are concerned that your young child exhibits separation anxiety, please sign up to be a Room Parent Volunteer for your child's class.
SPACING REHEARSALS: Sunday, June 11
Arrival & Dismissal will be at the Stage Door #20.
- Spacing rehearsals give the dancers an opportunity to rehearse on the stage so they can understand how to move in the space both on stage and off. Teachers will go through each dance - stopping and starting as needed to make sure all dancers know where and how to move safely in the space.
- Please arrive 15 minutes before your scheduled time.
- Children should be dressed in CLASS DRESS CODE: _leotard, tights, dance shoes, and hair pulled up and of their necks.
- June 11 Spacing Schedule
Arrival will be at the Stage Door #20.
Dismissal: At the end of the rehearsal, All students will be dismissed from the loading garage parking area to the east side of the Auditorium, (between school buildings).
- These rehearsals allow students to become familiar with how their show will run. It helps students feel comfortable with their performance, knowing how it will feel to dance in costume, where to go backstage, and how long it will take for costume changes. Lighting and music cues, set changes and curtains, and all other logistics for an organized and professional performance are rehearsed so that the students can do their best, feeling safe and confident.
- Students will arrive dressed in their
First Performance Costume with hair and make-up.
-Parents will not be allowed to dress their children at the theater.
- Arriving on time is the key to staying on time.
We appreciate your preparedness, and attention to arrival and pickup times.
Tuesday, June 13: 5:30pm - 7:30pm (Saturday 3pm Cast)
Our younger dancers will space and rehearse their dances on the same night. Volunteers need to arrive at 5:00.
Wednesday, June 14: 5:30 - 8:30pm (Saturday 7pm Cast)
Thursday, June 15: 5:30 - 8:30pm (Friday 7pm Cast)
Volunteer Opportunities ▿
Anyone interested in volunteering to help behind the scenes is welcome! A volunteer form is required and available HERE or can be picked up at the front desk.
Please return your preference form by April 30.
Picture Week ▿
April 24 - 29 at Forevermore.
Come ready to smile!
- During Picture Week students must come to the studio 10mins before their regularly scheduled class time.
- Everyone will enter through the Studio C entrance which will serve as our Lobby for Picture Week.
- Our regular Front Desk will be closed.
- The photo shoot is closed to all parents and we ask that you remain in Studio C for the duration of your child’s photos.
Please arrive ready for your photo in complete costume, hair and light make-up.
- [PHOTO PACKAGES AND PRICES - TBA]
- [PICTURE DAY ORDER FORM - TBA]
Ticket Sales ▿
Tickets go on sale May 7 at 12pm.
No waiting in long lines! - pick your seats & print your tickets from the convenience of your home.
- Order Online Here
- Ticket Instructions
- Order by Phone: TUTUTIX Costumer Service at: 855-222-2TIX (2849)
Tickets cost $13.60 in advance through June 15.
($12 plus $1.60 online service fee per ticket)
or $15 at the theatre available 1 hour before showtime.
- The tickets are Reserved Seating - everyone needing a seat will need a ticket - children included. (Young children ages 4 and younger may sit in a parent's lap without a ticket.)
There are no Refunds. Equal Exchanges may be allowed by calling TUTUTIX Customer Service at: 1-855-222-2TIX(2849)
Each family is entitled to 4 complimentary tickets with their paid Recital Package. All comps MUST be redeemed through TUTUTIX with your family’s ticket code before June 16** - this can be found on your ticket order worksheet provided in the Spring.
*Be thoughtful when purchasing your tickets. If you have young children that will need to get in and out, please purchase tickets a little farther back and closer to the aisles.
Program Ads/Special Messages ▿
We offer space in the recital program to parents and family members that wish to publicly congratulate their performers. Many families submit photos and special messages congratulating their children and wishing them Good Luck!
Also, business owners will want to take advantage of an affordable advertising opportunity that will be seen by 2,500 members from the community! We ask for your support in approaching local businesses for ad donations.
We hope that you will share your children’s accomplishments with your family and community!
Specs and Rates for Program Advertising - New Big Book
- HAPPY AD (Text only, 25 word maximum) -
(3.625w x 2.25h) - $25
- 1/8 PAGE AD (Full Color Text & Image)
(3.625w x 2.25h) - $50
- 1/4 PAGE AD (Full Color Text & Image)
(3.625w x 4.75h) - $75
- 1/2 PAGE AD (Full Color Text & Image)
(7.5w x 4.75h) - $125
- Full PAGE AD (Full Color Text & Image)
(7.5w x 10h) - $200
$250 (Inside Front Cover or Inside Back Cover)
$300 (Back Cover)
Ads may be submitted as JPEG, TIFF, EPS, or PDF files. Please provide electronic file for ads.
- All ads should be submitted via email to email@example.com. Additional questions regarding Recital Program Ad Designs can be directed to Mr. David at the above email address.
- Acceptable forms of payment: credit cards, cash, & checks - payable to Forevermore Dance & Theatre Arts.
- Deadline for all ads is May 30. ORDER FORM - Please print & return w/payment to Forevermore.
Recital Flowers ▿
We will be selling flowers at Recital. You may purchase a beautiful bouquet for your dancer at the show. Flowers will also be available for sale at the performances while supplies last.
2017 Recital Quick Reference Sheets
Music & Motion:
Intro to Tap:
Tap I, II, III & IV:
- JrJazz: Wed 6:00pm
- Jz1: Wed 6:00pm
- Jz2: Thurs 6:00pm
- Jz3: Tues 7:00pm
- Jz3A: Thurs 7:00pm
- Jz4: Mon 8:00pm
- Jz4A: Tues 5:00pm
- Jz5A: Mon 7:00pm
- Jz6A: Tues 8:15pm
- HHA: Tue 5:00pm
- HHA(boys): Tue 5:00pm
- HHA: Wed 5:00pm
- HHA(boys): Wed 5:00pm
- HHB: Wed 6:00pm
- HHC: Wed 6:00pm
Junior Dance Ensemble:
Senior Dance Ensemble:
RECITAL SHOW ORDERS